Today i did the first 4 FPV flights with my new Dominator.
The two main aspects that i was frightened about when changing from the classic FatShark to the new Dominator were:
1. will the smaller image size be okay for me, or way too small?
2. will i get a good image, although i can not change the distance between the monitors/lenses?
Now i can answer that pretty easy:
1. Nope, it is big enough for me (thought it would be smaller)
2. Yes, i get a clear image, because the lenses are very different and so it is not necessary to change their distance (two of my buddies checked my Dominator as well and they were fine, although they use very different lense distances in their RCV922).
Now the pros and cons about the Dominator (compared to the normal Fatshark RCV922)
+ better built quality
+ rubber eye blocks are working better than the foam on the RCV922
+ great image quality (very sharp in every corner, amazing contrast and colors)
+ modules for 2.4 / 5.8 / HT available
– when i put the A/V plug 100% in the jack, i get no picture (it has to be put in ~90% to be in place correct
– smaller image size
I would buy the dominator again, if i had to choose between the RCV922 and the Dominator.