Maybe it’s time for a change….in my case i really consider to sell all my Foxtech FPV Equipment and buy some ImmersionRC Nexwave equipment (although it’s much more expensive and out of stock very often).
The reason why is the fact that new Foxtech receivers (not only new models, also actual Versions of the old RC305 give worse range than old RC305 receivers. It seems Foxtech/Boscam etc. have a serious problem with their quality checks or their actual load of SkyRF chips.
What i tested and what really made me upset is this:
– bought 6 new RC305 receivers
– bought 3 units of the DG58-2 Diversity receiver
– bought 3 units of the new 32ch Receiver RC832
Now all the bad stuff that i recognized, while testing those receivers:
– 5 out of 6 new RC305 Receivers will only give 70-80% of the range that i get from my 2 year old RC305 receivers
– one of the DG58-2 Receivers died (one module dead) and the other two DG58-2 receivers have descent range on one module and poor range on the other module…so this is CRAP!
– all three new 32CH Receivers (RC832) are working (i can use them on ImmersionRC frequencies as well as the Foxtech frequencies), but all of them gave me only 50-60% of the range, that i get out of my 2.5 years old RC305 receivers
After all that testing, i am fed up with every new receiver that i bought from Foxtech and many FPV buddies have experienced the same problem.
Besides that, i have to tell you how “what the fuck?” i felt, when i checked my new RC832 32ch RX…all the other Foxtech receivers got a 3.5mm connection with female cinch connector, to connect it to my FatShark. This new unit got a 2.5mm connector and male cinch……what the fuck is wrong with foxtech?
ImmersionRC is also not perfect…i got massive problems with their transmitters (video tearing), but the new Nexwave receivers are great and i will give them another try.