We managed to do our first flights with the Flytron and Hawkeye OpenLRS systems.
Tx antenna: Diamond SRH771
Rx antenna: selfmade dipole
Sadly the Bixler 2 ran out of juice, so we stopped our test at a distance of 7km with an RSSI Value of ~90% which is pretty nice. Telemetry was off, Refreshrate 21Hz, 4800baud.
I also needed to stop my testflight with the flying wing, because it started to rain.
This time we turned telemetry on (only 100mW for telemetry available) and we had to increase the baud rate to 9600.
Both settings will decrease the maximum range.
The RSSI warning kicked in at only 1.5km and started to increase its beeps at 3km.
When i reached ~5km, the telemetry was beeping all the time and i finally saw many rain drops passing by, so i turned the plane around and flew back.
During that flight, i also recognized, that the OpenLRS tx is somehow distorting the 5.8GHz video.
It seems that it’s the cables of the FatShark and the groundrecorder that gets influenced by the OpenLRS (or of at least one of the hopping channels) and not the FPV receiver.
We will do more tests soon.